Senior Project Manager- Technology Solutions
MGAC is seeking an experienced Technology Project Manager to support our growing national client base. The Technology Project Manager will serve as the team lead for various technology systems and infrastructure platforms to support building systems. In addition, they may serve as the design lead.
Do you have 10+ years of experience and able to report into the office a few days a week? If not, are you able to work remotely with travel to client sites as needed to support the projects? Of course, the schedule depends on the specific phase of a given project, which ranges from full remote to site visits for Construction Administration (CA) purposes during the build phase.
Acceptable experience includes any combination of the following:
General Contractor / Construction Manager
IT, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering (Design)
Architectural Project Management / Construction Administration
If this sounds in line with your experience, please read on!
Ideally, you'll have the following:
- A personality...with a positive attitude.
- Flexibility-is flexible with the ever-changing world of technology, design, construction, and means and methods
- Passion for construction and our industry.
- Integrity. We value this- it's the MGAC Way.
- 10+ years of experience in Technology Solutions.
- Well-versed experience in design, construction, and commissioning of telecommunications, low-voltage IT systems; capable of defining the technical approach to be used on a given project.
- Knowledgeable in cable plant infrastructure systems (Copper / Fiber ISP/OSP), Networks (wired and wireless), A/V, Electronic Safety & Security, and Distributed Antenna Systems. RCDD preferred for this position, as well as Technology Certifications (CCNA etc.).
- Constant comprehension of project scope, budget, schedule and quality to make recommendations in the best interest of our clients.
- Experienced in taking an active role, being responsible and accountable for timely and cost-effective delivery of projects through all phases of a project including, project justification, requirements definition, funding, programming, site selection, team sourcing and structure, budgeting, scheduling, design development, permitting, bid leveling, value engineering, construction administration and commissioning, FFE and Special Systems procurement and installation, and relocation.
- Proficient at managing large project teams for large projects or to support a program inclusive of multiple projects.
- Capable of working autonomously and being self-sufficient executing projects.
- Is able to provide oversight of, and mentor PMs and APMs.
What you'll be doing (and why you'll love it)
- Achieves Client’s Vision is a Trusted Partner
- Aligns/Manages project scope, schedule, budget and quality
- Maintains Collaborative Relationships with Clients, A&E Professionals, Contractors / GC’s, IT and Special Systems Vendors, Teams
- Anticipates project and team risks; Solves complex challenges and conflicts
- Manages P/L of Projects
- Ensures timely invoicing, collection, and identifies add-services
- Leads project risk management, contingency planning, schedule and budget recovery planning
- Technology Requirements gathering / needs assessments
- Sourcing IT and Special Systems Professionals
- Design of structured cabling systems
- Procurement of IT and Special Systems (Telecom, Audio-Visual Systems, Security Systems, Wireless, and Distributed Antenna Systems)
- Construction Documentation Review (Plans/Specifications); and Client Reviews
- Sourcing Special Systems Contractors
- Managing the Special Systems Installation Process
- Managing the IT and Special Systems Commissioning Process
- QA/QC for Construction and Installed Systems
- Construction Administration and Site Observation Reports
- Actively supports Business Development, Marketing, Social Media, Drives Proposals
- Actively develops Client and Industry Relationships
- Trains, Mentors, Retains Competent APM’s and PM’s; and has a capable successor
- Receives positive Client feedback, and proactively seeks new opportunities with existing client
Why work with us?
- With a healthy 25+ year history in North America (and even longer in UK), we are at an exciting stage of growth as a business. There is palpable energy and momentum across the company that is easy to tap into and be inspired by. The people around you are welcoming and go out of their way to make their support known.
- We are consistent Top Work-Places awardees with a strong employee first culture. Let's chat and we can give you incredible examples of this culture at work.
- MGAC is founded on an entrepreneurial culture, and you will be encouraged to embrace new ways of doing things, to deliver outcomes and positive experiences that regularly exceed client expectations.
- We are a global company, yet we are committed to remaining nimble enough to provide our clients with a level of care that our bigger competitors struggle to achieve.
- Your voice will be heard here, your ideas considered, and your efforts rewarded. Our relatively flat hierarchy means our directors’ doors are always open. We want you to work with us to build on a positive culture, to ensure your ideas and valued contributions (which have helped our clients) are recognized when it comes to reviews and appraisals. You will be truly valued and looked after.
- We support your wellness and promote a healthy blend of work/life balance. We encourage you to take that PTO and offer cutting edge benefits. Top-notch free mental health support services are just the latest to be added to an incredible lineup.
- And last but not least... we're fun. At least we think so. :-D. There isn't a day that goes by where there isn't deep belly laughter heard in the hallways.
Better Benefits, Better Life
We believe employers should empower the whole person, not just the “employee.” Our benefit structure is designed to support all five pillars of overall wellness: Financial, Physical, Emotional, Social, and Professional.
Our comprehensive benefits package
Health, Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life Insurance
Voluntary Life / AD&D Insurance
Short-Term + Long-Term Disability
Paid Parental Leave
Flexible Spending Plans
Cell Phone Reimbursement
Professional Development Support
Mental Health + Wellness Programs
Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick Time
Competitive Compensation + Bonuses
Transparency in Coverage
Made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data. Click here for additional information.