MGAC managed the complete renovation and restoration of this historic residential property located in New York’s Upper East Side. The complex consists of four contiguous buildings constructed in 1910 that house staff residences for Sweden’s Permanent Mission to the United Nations, as well as the 10,000 SF Ambassador’s residence. The renovation included new commercial and private kitchens, bathrooms, systems upgrade, and interior renovations of historic woodworking. The property also underwent a complete facade renovation and roofing repairs.
A significant challenge of the project was maintaining clear communication between the client in Sweden, the architect in New York, and the general contractor. Utilizing input from the client and keeping detailed records of meetings, MGAC oversaw the completion of construction documents and led extensive quality control measures. These efforts ensured that the client’s requirements were carried through to the architect’s design, which were then implemented correctly in the field. The project was delivered within all schedule and budget requirements.