Currently, we are looking for a highly motivated Jr. Cost Consultant to work with our integrated project and cost management consultancy located in Los Angeles. The Jr. Cost Consultant will be expected to provide design stage cost planning, cost estimating and value engineering. You’ll work with high profile architects, engineers and construction companies to manage budgets throughout the design and construction process.
What the job looks like:
- Supports Client’s Vision; seen as trusted advisor by Client POC.
- Provide design stage cost planning, cost estimating and value engineering.
- Support estimating efforts on small to medium scale projects (<$50MM) and on large scale complex master-planned projects with International Clients / Architects.
- Provide strategic advice to clients on project feasibility, project delivery and procurement methods.
- Manage reconciliations with Contractors and/or peer review estimators.
- Coordinate with project management, design teams and contractors.
- Make presentations to clients / internal as part of the project delivery.
- Maintain cost control procedures, prepare project cost reports and budgets.
- Coordinate and cultivate strong business relationships with key clients (including Architects, Engineers, Developers, Contractors, Public Sector entities).
- Provide early stage budgets to align scope with funding.
- Proactively advise client on cost drivers, cost reduction strategies, benchmarks, building economics.
- Assess risk and contingencies.
- Negotiate costs with other parties.
- Build Collaborative Relationships with Clients, A&E Professionals, Contractors / GC’s, Vendors, Teams.
- Receives positive Client feedback, and proactively markets MGAC.
Ideally, you'll have the following:
- 2-3+ years cost management / estimating experience on large-scale construction projects (public/private sector).
- Bachelors or higher degree in a construction related discipline.
- Ability to lead projects and write complex business documents, such as reports, papers, detailed letters and emails.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with BIM and Cost-X
Better Benefits, Better Life
We believe employers should empower the whole person, not just the “employee.” Our benefit structure is designed to support all five pillars of overall wellness: Financial, Physical, Emotional, Social, and Professional.
Our comprehensive benefits package
Health, Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life Insurance
Voluntary Life / AD&D Insurance
Short-Term + Long-Term Disability
Paid Parental Leave
Flexible Spending Plans
Cell Phone Reimbursement
Professional Development Support
Mental Health + Wellness Programs
Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick Time
Competitive Compensation + Bonuses
Transparency in Coverage
Made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data. Click here for additional information.