Cost Controls Manager
Currently, we are looking for a highly motivated Project Cost Controls Manager to work with our integrated project and cost management consultancy.
What the job looks like:
- Lead the evaluation of the project‘s cost, and quality targets, applying governance controls as necessary to enable the successful delivery of the project
- Lead the estimate review, budget management and capital spend process
- Provide oversight to the general contractor, ensuring they are within agreed cash flow and accrual parameters
- Control costs with your knowledge of conceptual estimating, funding stage gates, basic contingency principals, procurement principals.
- Lead the change management process and workflow, ensuring purchase orders and change orders are issued for all contracts according to current policy, providing a platform for adding/ tracking/ monitoring/ approving change.
- Manage the risk management process, including being responsible for qualitative and quantitative assessments to support cost predictability.
- Accurately measure work-in-place, material procured and stored, etc. and estimate the monthly payment application, cashflow for the remaining scope.
- Manage invoicing to align original budget and track contingency approvals, allowance reconciliation, budget transfers and change orders in the relevant systems to keep current budget and cost forecasts up to date.
Ideally, you'll have the following:
- 7+ years project controls management in all phases of the project lifecycle specifically cost management, risk and reporting, with vertical construction projects.
- Bachelors or equivalent experience in a construction related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in the ability to determine corrective actions or recommendations based on facts and figures and critically evaluating information and data from various sources.
- Advanced skills in MS Office and Primavera P6.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to providing excellent service.
- Reliable with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Strong time management skills, quick thinking and ability to meet project deadlines as necessary.
- Highly motivated and driven with a passion for delivering to your clients and have the ability to work independently.
Better Benefits, Better Life
We believe employers should empower the whole person, not just the “employee.” Our benefit structure is designed to support all five pillars of overall wellness: Financial, Physical, Emotional, Social, and Professional.
Our comprehensive benefits package
Health, Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life Insurance
Voluntary Life / AD&D Insurance
Short-Term + Long-Term Disability
Paid Parental Leave
Flexible Spending Plans
Cell Phone Reimbursement
Professional Development Support
Mental Health + Wellness Programs
Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick Time
Competitive Compensation + Bonuses
Transparency in Coverage
Made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data. Click here for additional information.