It is an exciting time to join MGAC.
We are looking for goal driven and engaging individuals who prioritise innovation and flexibility, and can promote positive CDM and design risk management.
You will be working on an array of different projects in the retail, commercial and residential sectors throughout the UK but predominantly the South East.
If you are a hands-on principal designer/CDM consultant with a passion for health and safety, we want to hear from you.
Does this sound like you?
- Strong knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations
- ‘Can do’ positive attitude to meet client expectations and promote good CDM measures
- NEBOSH General Certificate or Construction Certificate is desirable but not essential if you have recognised ‘designer’ qualification (e.g. RICS or RIBA)
- IOSH or APS Membership desirable
- Understanding and knowledge of the Building Safety Act
- Full driving license and your own vehicle
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders
- Eager to further yourself professionally (CPD)
- Retail, leisure, or commercial sectors experience is desirable but not essential
- Commitment, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic
- Team player capable of a flexible approach
What you'll be doing (and why you'll love it)
- Carrying out Health and Safety site inspections / audits across the South East
- Delivering projects as the Principal Designer leading the Design Team in managing design risks
- Collation of Pre-Construction Information (PCI)
- Preparation and review of key CDM documents, including design risk registers
- Design risk reviews of new build, fit out and alteration projects, including fixture design reviews
- Apply CDM and H&S knowledge to ensure compliance and positive CDM changes
- Sharing knowledge with the CDM team and act as a mentor assisting other members in the team
- Assist those appointed as duty holders to discharge their legal responsibilities on traditional and design & build projects
- Undertake Fire Risk Assessments and other occupation audits including site conformity audits
Why work with us
- We are at an exciting stage of growth as a business. There is palpable energy and momentum across the company that is easy to tap into and be inspired by
- MGAC is founded on an entrepreneurial culture. You will be encouraged to embrace new ways of doing things, working both collaboratively and autonomously. New ideas are embraced and your voice will be heard
- With offices across the UK and North America, there is an exciting chance for someone to join a small, local team whilst working on a global level. This also means we can offer future opportunity for travel and relocation to one of our international offices, should that be of interest
- Our benefits package is above industry standard (ask us for more info on this)
- We are committed to continuous improvement in our efforts to attract a diverse and balanced workforce
- We are wholly supportive of flexible working patterns – your work/life balance is important to us
Would you like to find out more?
- We appreciate your CV may not be up to date. That's OK, just send us what you have and let’s start a conversation.
Better Benefits, Better Life
We believe employers should empower the whole person, not just the “employee.” Our benefit structure is designed to support all five pillars of overall wellness: Financial, Physical, Emotional, Social, and Professional.
Our comprehensive benefits package
Additional Cash Plan Scheme
Life Assurance Policy
New Company Devices
Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme
Season Ticket Loan Scheme
Professional Fees / Subscriptions
Cycle to Work Scheme
Flexible Working Arrangements