Senior Cost Consultant - Data Centres
Join us as a senior cost consultant leading new and exciting projects within the booming data centre sector across Europe.
With existing global technology clients already valuing our services on an international scale, we are working with both hyperscalers and developers, looking to build teams in multiple locations throughout 2024 and beyond.
We have numerous opportunities on the horizon and can’t wait to give you more detail on the journey ahead for MGAC and why you will want to be a part of it.
*Please note we will not be engaging recruitment agencies at this time
Does this sound like you?
- You are an ambitious senior cost management professional in the construction consulting sector looking for a progressive business that will empower you to propel your career forwards
- You have data centre or critical environments expertise within a construction consulting capacity
- Managing supersized projects and large teams is something that does not make you wince!
- You have a natural curiosity and drive to create, deliver, and communicate a superior client experience and ensure big building success
- Taking smart risks and embracing courageous failures does not scare you
- You listen, learn, and seek to understand multiple perspectives
What you'll be doing (and why you'll love it)
- You will help manage costs and delivery on new datacentre projects in Europe for both existing and new MGAC clients in the global technology space including both hyperscalers and developers
- As a construction consulting firm, we help explain complex issues, manage conflicts, and advise on matters that are outside of the owner’s sphere of knowledge. We assist the client in making informed decisions that keep the project on track
- You will be an integral part of the team, mentoring and leading, managing costs, budget, schedule, scope.
- You will liaise closely with our established critical environments team in North America, whilst assisting to spearhead the expansion of our data centre division in EMEA
- Frequent travel is likely as you initiate and explore opportunities on a European scale. Likely initial locations include Milan, London or Scandinavia
- Fluency in a European language would be highly beneficial (speak multiple languages? Even better!)
- We are open to offering you permanent relocation to the project site location (visa pending) or we may operate a FIFO model from a location that suits you - let’s talk!
Why work with us
- We are at an exciting stage of growth as a business. There is palpable energy and momentum across the company that is easy to tap into and be inspired by.
- MGAC is founded on an entrepreneurial culture. You will be encouraged to embrace new ways of doing things, working both collaboratively and autonomously. New ideas are embraced and your voice will be heard
- With offices across the UK and North America, there is an exciting chance for someone to join a small, local team whilst working on a global level. This also means we can offer future opportunity for travel and relocation to one of our international offices, should that be of interest.
- Our benefits package is above industry standard (ask us for more info on this)
- We are committed to continuous improvement in our efforts to attract a diverse and balanced workforce
- Work/life balance is important to us and we are wholly supportive of flexible working patterns
Better Benefits, Better Life
We believe employers should empower the whole person, not just the “employee.” Our benefit structure is designed to support all five pillars of overall wellness: Financial, Physical, Emotional, Social, and Professional.
Our comprehensive benefits package
Additional Cash Plan Scheme
Life Assurance Policy
New Company Devices
Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme
Season Ticket Loan Scheme
Professional Fees / Subscriptions
Cycle to Work Scheme
Flexible Working Arrangements