Project Controls Manager
Seeking a highly motivated Project Controls Manager to work with our integrated construction project and cost management consultancy located in Sacramento, CA.
The Project Controls Manager provides a critical role in the successful delivery of complex projects and will be expected to provide support for all project cost controls functions including earned value management, cost & change management, payment application review, and cost forecasting on assigned projects. You’ll work with high profile architects, engineers and construction companies to manage cost and schedule throughout the design and construction process.
Preference for those who have experience working in the mission critical sector work, specifically healthcare/life science or similar.
What the job looks like:
- You are an ambitious construction focused, project management professional looking for a modern and energetic business that will empower you to develop your career.
- Work as a key member of a team focused on all aspects of project and cost controls spanning a variety of specialty new-build design and construction projects ranging from high-rise commercial office to industrial and chemical research and development laboratories.
- Assists in the preparation of capital project cost reports, including cash flow and commitment projections for tracking of expenditures and comparisons of budgeted versus actual costs
- Reviews consultant and contractor cost reports to ensure consistency project management policies and procedures
- Coordinate with project stakeholders to facilitate data collection
- Assist with analysis and preparation of project cost reports and dashboards
- Build & Maintain Collaborative Relationships with Owner, A&E Professionals, Contractors /Builder Partners, Vendors, Teams
- Develop reports on actuals, variances, trends and re-forecast as necessary to identify and quantify variances between the plan and project performance
- Analyze and report on project cost data within the project cost controls systems of record
- Track project deliverables and monitor physical percent complete (tracking installed quantities)
- Review and validate contractor payment applications including verification of work-in-place, materials procured and stored, and projections for remaining scope.
- Assist and support field audits to validate accuracy of reporting and processes
Ideally, you'll have the following:
- At least 3- 5 years of relevant project controls experience with healthcare sector experience preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience reviewing project schedules and budgets in an engineering or construction environment; and current office technology and equipment.
- Ability to analyze complex data and then deliver clear, articulate and concise reports in a compelling manner
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Intermediate to Advanced knowledge in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Power BI, Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, BIM360, and Procore is an advantage
- Knowledgeable of regional challenges with regard to labor and material costs and supply chain.
- Working knowledge of IPD and Lean Construction is an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a construction related discipline
Why work with us?
- With a healthy 25+ year history in North America (and even longer in UK), we are at an exciting stage of growth as a business. There is palpable energy and momentum across the company that is easy to tap into and be inspired by. The people around you are welcoming and go out of their way to make their support known.
- We are consistent Top Work-Places awardees with a strong employee first culture. Let's chat and we can give you incredible examples of this culture at work.
- MGAC is founded on an entrepreneurial culture, and you will be encouraged to embrace new ways of doing things, to deliver outcomes and positive experiences that regularly exceed client expectations.
- We are a global company, yet we are committed to remaining nimble enough to provide our clients with a level of care that our bigger competitors struggle to achieve.
- Your voice will be heard here, your ideas considered, and your efforts rewarded. Our relatively flat hierarchy means our directors’ doors are always open. We want you to work with us to build on a positive culture, to ensure your ideas and valued contributions (which have helped our clients) are recognized when it comes to reviews and appraisals. You will be truly valued and looked after.
- We support your wellness and promote a healthy blend of work/life balance. We encourage you to take that PTO and offer cutting edge benefits. Top-notch free mental health support services are just the latest to be added to an incredible lineup.
- And last but not least... we're fun. At least we think so. :-D. There isn't a day that goes by where there isn't deep belly laughter heard in the hallways.
Better Benefits, Better Life
We believe employers should empower the whole person, not just the “employee.” Our benefit structure is designed to support all five pillars of overall wellness: Financial, Physical, Emotional, Social, and Professional.
Our comprehensive benefits package
Health, Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life Insurance
Voluntary Life / AD&D Insurance
Short-Term + Long-Term Disability
Paid Parental Leave
Flexible Spending Plans
Cell Phone Reimbursement
Professional Development Support
Mental Health + Wellness Programs
Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick Time
Competitive Compensation + Bonuses
Transparency in Coverage
Made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data. Click here for additional information.