Senior Project Manager - Hotel Construction
Our West Coast work is expanding, and we are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our hotel sector. This Senior Project Manager will be an integral part of the team and be seen as a leader in our business. If you have at least 10+yrs of experience with at least 5-7+ years managing hotel construction projects and can travel up to 50%, please read on!
Who is our dream candidate?
- The obvious answer is, someone who is energetic, self-motivated and possesses superior analytical and problem-solving skills. A highly effective communicator and team leader who can see the big picture!
- The ideal candidate has successfully supported both the design and construction phases of a complex hotel construction projects and has experience organizing and leading diverse design teams.
- The ideal candidate is ok with travel, even during the heavy travel months of up to 15days a month and understands the importance of being onsite to keep a stellar project running smoothly.
What the job looks like:
- Manage multiple projects (depending on size) and these projects will include management and oversight of multiple stakeholders including clients, client vendors, architects, engineers, general contractors, etc. In our role, we are expected to be the creative thinkers always looking for opportunities to improve project delivery and reduce risk.
- Oversee all aspects of the project including managing MGAC’s project-based contract, performance, billings, accounts receivable, etc. on the project. This position calls for continuous evaluation of team effectiveness with the goal being to serve our clients and our business.
- Acts as the Owners representative with primary responsibility for all phases of the project.
- Manage project teams consisting of all design, construction, and owner-direct vendors.
- Manages all phases of the project or program including strategic planning, budgeting, scheduling, initiation, procurement, execution, monitoring, and closeout phases of the project.
- Prepare and author consultant and contractor RFQ and RFP material.
- Identify project risks and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Oversee and prepare accurate project documentation for all phases of the project.
- Advocate on behalf of the client during disputes, disagreements, modifications or change orders.
- Track and submit invoices, purchase orders, and other financial commitments, exposures and obligations.
- Maintain relationships with the wider construction industry, trade associates, vendors, and professional organizations.
- Participate in business develop activities to promote and maximize opportunities for MGAC, including cross-selling of MGAC services on all projects.
- Lead and mentor additional MGAC staff assigned to support their projects (Assistant Project Managers, Project Engineers, etc.).
Ideally, you'll have the following:
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field is preferred but, relevant work experience will also be considered in lieu of degree.
- At least 10 years of experience in construction project management with a thorough understanding of the building design and construction process.
- Experience leading hotel construction projects, specifically organizing and leading diverse design teams.
- Ability to travel and ok with months that require 15days of travel.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving, presentation, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficient with the following software applications (at a minimum): MS Office, PS Project/Primavera P6, Adobe Acrobat (or Blue Beam, Nitro pdf, etc)
Why work with us?
- With a healthy 25+ year history in North America (and even longer in UK), we are at an exciting stage of growth as a business. There is palpable energy and momentum across the company that is easy to tap into and be inspired by. The people around you are welcoming and go out of their way to make their support known.
- We are consistent Top Work-Places awardees with a strong employee first culture. Let's chat and we can give you incredible examples of this culture at work.
- MGAC is founded on an entrepreneurial culture, and you will be encouraged to embrace new ways of doing things, to deliver outcomes and positive experiences that regularly exceed client expectations.
- We are a global company, yet we are committed to remaining nimble enough to provide our clients with a level of care that our bigger competitors struggle to achieve.
- Your voice will be heard here, your ideas considered, and your efforts rewarded. Our relatively flat hierarchy means our directors’ doors are always open. We want you to work with us to build on a positive culture, to ensure your ideas and valued contributions (which have helped our clients) are recognized when it comes to reviews and appraisals. You will be truly valued and looked after.
- We support your wellness and promote a healthy blend of work/life balance. We encourage you to take that PTO and offer cutting edge benefits. Top-notch free mental health support services are just the latest to be added to an incredible lineup.
- And last but not least... we're fun. At least we think so. :-D. There isn't a day that goes by where there isn't deep belly laughter heard in the hallways.
Better Benefits, Better Life
We believe employers should empower the whole person, not just the “employee.” Our benefit structure is designed to support all five pillars of overall wellness: Financial, Physical, Emotional, Social, and Professional.
Our comprehensive benefits package
Health, Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life Insurance
Voluntary Life / AD&D Insurance
Short-Term + Long-Term Disability
Paid Parental Leave
Flexible Spending Plans
Cell Phone Reimbursement
Professional Development Support
Mental Health + Wellness Programs
Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick Time
Competitive Compensation + Bonuses
Transparency in Coverage
Made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data. Click here for additional information.